Position Start- March 1, 2023
Year round position that is full time (40 hours/ wk) April-November and converts to part time December-March
Position Pay and Benefits:
- $17-19/hr depending on experience.
- As many vegetables as you like!
- 5 days (40 hours) paid time off (PTO) in 2023
- Up to 40 hours of paid sick time per year based on Portland Protected Sick Time law
- $200 one time gear stipend paid upon 1 month employment
- Year end bonus possible (although not guaranteed) based on the year’s profits for employees that work the full season.
Sun Love Farm:
Sun Love Farm is a diverse certified naturally grown vegetable farm located in Oregon City, OR, just 20 minutes from Portland. We also grow on land in Damascus, OR. We grow about 3 acres and have been growing food out here since 2015. We primarily tend the land by hand with the help of our two BCS walk behind tractors and some innovative small farm tools (flame weeder, paper pot planter, electric sprayer). We sell produce through our home delivery CSA program and two Farmer’s Markets ( Oregon City and Milwaukie). We love growing good food and are always trying to grow the highest quality crop possible while caring for the soil as best we can. We try to have a positive and cohesive working environment, and enjoy chatting with one another as we work and always try to eat lunch together. Both the farm owner (Melissa) and the farm manager (Gary) have young children, so the culture of the farm is built up around being flexible to people’s needs in their personal life.
You will be working alongside the farm manager, the farm owner, and small crew (up to 7 people total) to help grow beautiful produce for the local community. With the guidance of the farm manager and farm owner, you will help run a small team in the day to day operations of the farm- propagation, potting up, field prep, planting, weeding, harvesting, packing, irrigation and much more.This is a challenging physical job that requires working through all rain, heat, wind, and cold. It is also a fun job where you get to work outside in nature every day, and be amazed by the growth of tomato plants or bald eagles soaring in the sky.
You will have regular check ins with the farm manager and the farm owner to have a clear understanding of the tasks of the day and help to lead the crew in completing those tasks.
*For the right candidate there are other tasks available on the farm- such as delivering CSA shares, working one or both of the farmer’s markets, organizing member events, or taking on a CSA Coordinator position. Please make note in your application if any of these positions are of interest.
- 1 full season working on a diverse vegetable farm
- Great attention to detail for harvesting and packing shares
- Excellent communication- the right candidate will communicate clearly about scheduling changes and any conflict that needs to be worked through.
- A positive attitude
- Able to lift 50 lbs many times throughout the day
- Able to work efficiently for long periods during the cold, heat, wind, and rain
- Commitment to working the full farm season (through November 17)
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Flexible (hours can change due to heat, smoke, and cold.)
- Able to follow clear directions
- Willing to learn new things
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Loves working outside
- 2 seasons working on small organic vegetable farm
- A love for food
- Enjoys working with other people
How to Apply:
We will start reviewing applications on a rolling basis beginning on February 1.
Please send a resume, 3 references, and a brief cover letter explaining why you would like to work for us and why you think it would be a good fit, to email@example.com
Women, LGBTQ, and people of color are encouraged to apply!